This is the only comprehensive and handy pocket guide that illustrates and describes the bird species of Hawaii, New Zealand, and the Central and West Pacific. Featuring more than 750 species illustrated in vivid and stunning detail on 95 color plates, this authoritative guide provides information on key identification features, habitat, songs, and calls. Birds of Hawaii, New Zealand, and the Central and West Pacific is a must-have for birders of all levels interested in this region of the world.
- The only guide to illustrate the birds of Hawaii, New Zealand, and the Central and West Pacific
- More than 750 species illustrated on 95 color plates
- Depictions of all plumages for males, females, and juveniles
- Detailed distribution maps show where each species is commonly found
- Information on key identification features, habitat, songs, and calls
- In-depth look at flight signatures, vagrant populations, and much more
- Concise and highly portable
Includes coverage of:
Hawaii, Fiji, Tonga, Nauru, Samoa, American Samoas, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Tuvalu, Tokelau, Niue, Cook Islands, Guam, Wallis and Futuna, Pitcairn Islands, Northern Marianas, Palau, French Polynesia, and New Zealand.