Ghana is one of the safest and most accessible countries in Western Africa and is rapidly becoming a top tourist destination. This dedicated country field guide uses illustrations from the acclaimed Birds of Western Africa, which have been recomposed into a new set of plates, with new text and maps specific to Ghana. The result is a compact and up-to-date guide to all the birds of Ghana. It is the first to address the needs of Ghana's fast growing network of local birdwatchers and wildlife clubs.
- First ever field guide to the birds of Ghana, including neighboring Togo
- Covers 758 species, including all residents, migrants and vagrants
- Almost 2,000 illustrations on 145 color plates, depicting every species and many distinct plumages and races
- Concise text on facing pages highlights key identification features, including habitat, behavior, and voice
- Up-to-date color distribution maps for each species.
About the Authors:
Nik Borrow and Ron Demey are recognised authorities on the birds of Western Africa and are the authors of the highly acclaimed Birds of Western Africa (Helm).
NOTE: Copies received minor scuffs and bumps during shipping from Europe.