The culmination of many years of research, observation, and study, the new STOKES FIELD GUIDE will be the most complete national photographic field guide ever published! It will have more species, identification text and photos than any other photo field guide and a cutting edge emphasis on quantitative shape that will fast forward your birding to the next level, no matter what level you're on. Also includeis a bonus CD of over 600 bird sounds from 150 common species.
The guide features 853 North American bird species and more than 3,400 stunning color photographs. And yet it's portable enough to fit in your pocket!
The photographs cover all significant plumages, including male, female, summer, winter, immature, morphs, important subspecies, and birds in flight. Also included:
the newest scientific and common names and phylogenetic order;
- special help for identifying birds in flight through important clues of behavior, plumage, and shape;
- detailed descriptions of songs and calls;
- important behavioral information;
- key habitat preferences of each species; and
- the newest range maps, detailing species' winter, summer, year-round ranges, and migration routes.
Size : 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches.